Tuesday, June 14, 2016

36 Ford Truck Drivetrain and Suspension Work

I finally picked up the rear end for the 36.  It's a Ford 8.8 limited slip with 3.73:1 gears and disk brakes out of an Exploder.


I sold the 8.8 and will get a 9" for this build.

Here's the heavily dropped 33-4 axle that a friend of mine sold me.  I also picked up a set of 46-8 spindles and hubs to go with.


I'll use 40 Ford juice brakes.  I bead blasted the insides of the backing plates and painted them and brushed and oiled the outside to keep the patina.





I picked up a set of F1 front shock mounts as well.


Here are the 16x4 wheels I'm planning to use.  I have 3 that are matching and 2 others that don't have pinstripes.  I'll probably try to put stripes on one and sell the other.


Here's the model A rear buggy spring that I will use.


I sold the 8.8 rear end and picked up a 9 inch.  I cut the brackets off and wire brushed the housing.  One brake drum was frozen on so I had to cut it off.  










No comments: