Thursday, September 1, 2016

36 Ford Pickup Body and Related Bits and Pieces

I picked up this cool old BLC fog light in a lot of lights that I bought at an auction.  I might put it on the 36 but we'll see when the time comes.



I found a bed that should work.  It's a bit rusty but that can be sorted out.



I found another bed that is actually a 30's Chevy bed but it's in better shape and I like the patina a better.





I really like these early 50's Cadillac/Olds air cleaners.  I picked this one up recently and may use it.


I rebuilt the SignalStat 700 turn signal switch that was in the 36 when I got it.  I decided to rewire it so that the indicator lights on it match the turn direction rather than being front and back burned out light indicators.




Inside the switch housing, there are 3 contacts.  I bent the bottom one up so that it no longer makes contact.  That one turned on the indicator lights on the switch for front and back.  I did this along with rewiring the back side so that now, the two indicator lights act as side to side indicators rather than front and back. 







I picked up a couple of cool old rear mount Stewart Warner gauges from a friend.











No comments: