Saturday, August 6, 2011

Damascus Fillet Knife





This is a knife that I did a few years ago now. Since my daughter was born, I have only made two knives. This was the first and the second was another of the santoku knives. Anyway, I have finally gotten around to posting this one.

The blade is another twist damascus blade by Grand Leavitt. The handle is stabilized spalted box elder burl and matches the blade perfectly. The bolster is a piece of stabilized maple burl with a line of ebony between them.

It's a really nice blade, a little thicker than more traditional fillet blades and therefore not as flexible but it feels great in the hand non-the-less. I think that overall, this is one of my favorite knives that I have made because the burl and damascus work so well together.

No comments: